Manager, Social Media & Marketing at Romio
Media Production | Greater New York City Area, US
A Brooklyn girl by way of New Jersey, Lisette interned her way through "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and "The Colbert Report" before landing at the Apple Store in 2008. It was there she discovered the magic of OS X and began considering a career in tech. After leaving Apple, in 2009 Lisette went on to work for TalkPoint Communications, a top webcasting provider in New York City. At TalkPoint, Lisette was responsible for building and producing webcasts for Fortune 500 companies such as UBS and Credit Suisse. Lisette is also a Senior Contributing Writer for Macgasm (macgasm.net), an Apple news/features blog. Her work for Macgasm has been mentioned by TWit.tv and Gothamist. After leaving TalkPoint, Lisette became the Support Engineer for Pivotal Labs' New York office. Pivotal Labs is a recognized leader in agile, Rails and mobile development. At Pivotal Labs, Lisette was responsible for day-to-day operations and support for over 30 developer Pivots, as well as the New York branch of TechStars. She holds a bachelor's degree in Journalism/Media Studies from Rutgers University.
Specialties: social media, marketing, community management, social media strategy, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Wordpress, Pinterest, blogging, public relations, online communication, pop culture, journalism, Associated Press style, email marketing, copywriting, ad targeting, ad design, Photoshop, OS X, OS X desktop support.
2013 - Present
Manager, Social Media & Marketing / Romio
Think of Romio as your personal online destination for finding the best of what’s around you as recommended by your friends, locals "in the know" and like-minded individuals. Through exchanging local recommendations, we can help each other discover the greatest people and places that make our neighborhoods and cities truly special.
Community Manager / Side.cr (SideCar)
* Built driver and rider community from scratch via evangelization, social media marketing/outreach (Twitter and Instagram) and in-person engagement.
* Trained fleet of 60+ drivers to give rides via the Drive app and provide the Sidecar experience/culture to riders.
* Contracted and executed an exclusive partnership with The Village Voice for Choice Streets 2013, increasing size of the NYC rider community and Sidecar’s brand awareness.
* Hosted parties/events with local venues (The Bell House, The Way Station & more) and entertainers (Kings of Karaoke, Secret Formula & more) to cross promote Sidecar to the market’s target demographic.
* Attended OATH court for TLC hearings as Sidecar NYC representative.
* Performed extensive research on TLC regulation (bases, driver licensing, vehicle licensing, etc.)
Social Media Coordinator / Dial 7 Car & Limousine Service
* Created social strategy with in-house team, including budget and editorial calendar.
* Oversaw content development and delivery for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Dial 7 Traveler's Blog.
* Oversaw email marketing campaigns via Constant Contact.
* Designed newsletters, print advertisements, coupons, promotions, Facebook contest headers and other graphics using the Adobe CS6 suite.
* Wrote newsletter copy and original blog posts.
* Increased Facebook fan count by over 100% in month of June 2012 through the use of targeted ads and engagement.
* Performed as community manager and customer support through Facebook and Twitter, with 24/7 availability for this function.
* Competitive analysis.
* Public relations representative and documentarian for events, commercial shoots, etc.
Social Media Consultant / lisettevoytko.com
I manage your social media so you have time to run the rest of your business.
* SEO/Social Media Consultant: Dale Kurow, Executive Coach (www.dalekurow.com)
* Director of PR and Social Media: Vaudeville Park (www.vaudevillepark.org)
* Consultant & Platform Management: Adopt NY (www.adoptny.org)
* Social Media Manager: Trivial Dispute
Senior Contributing Writer / Macgasm.net
* Authored 5-10 articles weekly on Apple news, app reviews, how-to's, etc as well as participating in podcasts.
* My work has been linked to by the TWiT Netcast Network and Gothamist.
* Contributed to reaching over 1,000,000 page views/month, and garnering top 100 placement in Technorati.
* Collaborated with Macgasm editors on creation of original content, site improvements, etc.
* Managed/built community via interaction with readers on comments boards.
Specialist / Trainer / Tekserve
* Assisted with debut of Apollo Theater iPhone app on Amateur Night 2/1/2012, teaching an audience of 1500.
* Trained all ages and skill levels in hardware and software, in free group settings and paid one-on-one sessions.
* Negotiated quotes for customer system sales, with a focus on small business.
* Consulted with customers to match products to their needs (hard drives/data solutions, cables, A/V, etc.)
Support Engineer / Pivotal Labs
* Supported over 100 users in the New York branch of Pivotal in addition to the TechStars program.
* During tenure, featured on We Are NY Tech 9/29/11. (http://bit.ly/qrUxK9)
* Owned A/V setup for 7 conference rooms (mics, webcams, Mac Minis and televisions.)
* Maintained network, server room/production servers, inventory of 50+ iMacs, event space PA system.
* Oversaw the Honeywell and video security systems, including activation and maintenance of access keys.
* Updated and maintained NYC firewall and Xserve (DNS and DHCP.)
* Coordinated with San Francisco and Boulder Ops teams to achieve long-term, company-wide goals.
Production Manager / TalkPoint
* Built Internet Explorer/Firefox compatible registration pages according to client specifications using (X)HTML, CSS, and TalkPoint's internal, web-based content management system for the Windows platform.
* Produced live and on-demand online broadcasts incorporating audio (via telephony), video (satellite/fibre acquisition), PowerPoint and interactive features.
* Managed roster of over 30 clients, including UBS, Microsoft, and Johnson & Johnson.
* Coordinated field production for highly successful UBS conferences, earning company over $200,000.
* Designed e-marketing materials and webcast elements with Adobe Photoshop.
Specialist / Apple Retail
* As part of the Visual team, configured display models according to corporate specification (administration via command line, installing DeepFreeze, etc) as well as maintenance (cable management, security.)
*As part of the One2One program and Summer Camp teams, taught all ages and skill levels in the use of Apple hardware/software.
* Acted as first level of tech support for walk-ins, aiding with diagnosis and Genius Bar repairs.
* Provided customers with personalized solutions for their computing needs.
General Production Intern / The Colbert Report
Concentrations in: Post Production, Props, Audience.
* Transcribed field shoots, show transcripts.
* Assisted with field shoot setup.
* Maintained tape library.
* Performed administrative duties and other tasks set forth by staff.
Research Assistant / Restaurant Guys Radio WCTC-1450 AM
* Produced guest research, including: reading promotional materials, Lexis-Nexis searches and contacting publicists to confirm facts, and wrote interview questions, introductions and topic overviews for broadcast.
General Production/Clip Research Intern / "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"
* Observed/assisted remote shoots/rehearsal, loaded audiences, distributed tapes, answered phones, performed administrative duties.
* Transported/distributed tapes to Editors, Writers, and Control Room., assisted Editor in preparing footage for broadcast, maintained tape library.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick
Bachelor of the Arts
Journalism/Media Studies, English
Activities: Music Editor, The Rutgers Review
Backpage Editor, The Rutgers Review
North Hunterdon Regional High School
High School Diploma
Activities: Paw Prints, Concert Choir, Thespian Troupe 2642, Junior Varsity Fencing
Featured on We Are NY Tech, 9/29/11. http://bit.ly/qrUxK9
Specialist / Trainer @ Tekserve. Apple goddess. Digital / social maven. Pop culture junkie.